A Peek Inside My Cooking Class
Plus Butternut Squash and Black Bean Burger
I spent Friday night in Boston teaching my favorite cooking class at Whole Foods Market, “Cook Yourself Healthy in Under 10 Minutes” to a sold out room! We all had such a blast, ate delicious food, laughed, and celebrated healthy living.
It is my greatest mission to debunk the theory that cooking healthy food is complicated and time consuming.
Learning my method of foundation cooking (what I teach in this class) will inject you with the tools and confidence to prepare healthy delicious meals all week long in under 10 minutes.
I will be announcing my New York class dates this fall, so get ready to make your kitchen your bitch.
This is a recipe from the class, it was a big hit! I love the kind of recipe that satisfies on a deep level, takes a few minutes to prepare, and freezes well for an additional bonus meal on a super busy weeknight.
This burger is even great for meat lovers.
Butternut squash and black bean burger with apple collard slaw GO!
Veggie Burger Deliciousness!
- 1 cup of butternut squash roasted
- 1 can of organic black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup of farro cooked
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons of chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of braggs amino acid
- whole grain burger bun
- sliced avocado
- In a large bowl combine squash and black beans. Using a wooden spoon mash together until broken up and well combined. Add farro, lime juice, garlic, shallot, chili powder and braggs. Stir well to combine.
- Form into 6 patties, place on lightly greased baking sheet (I used coconut oil) or alternatively fry in skillet.
- Bake in 425 oven for 10 minutes, flip and cook 5 minutes more
- Alternatively pan fry in a cast iron skillet using a scant tsp of coconut oil. 4 minutes on each side.