A Sexy Smoothie to Rev up Your Love Engine
Chocolate Maca Smoothie
I’m not always in the mood for a smoothie in the winter. I am a temperature girl and when it’s cold outside Mama needs a hot drink. Unless, the smoothie itself has some hot properties.
Well wouldn’t you know this baby is hot, hot, hot.
A quick note: for me smoothies are a nutrient delivery system, an opportunity to plunk as many nutrient dense foods into a glass as humanly possible. When I am on the run, or needing some nutrition on the go a smoothie is my go-to solution.
So what’s so darn sexy about this one? Let’s break it down:
1. I’ve included maca. ‘Nuff said. I’ve spoken of maca a few times on this blog and elsewhere, but in case you need a quick recap Maca is a peruvian root vegetable that is ground into a powder (can be found at nearly any natural market or online) and is known for it’s ability to increase stamina, strength, and libido. You can read all about Maca in my article here for Diets in Review
2. A small sprinkle of cayenne. Hot, hot, hot. When your body temperature is cold a warming spice can heat you up. Cayenne is said to help “heat” up the body for love and increase libido.
3. Chocolate. Chocolate really is a love food, containing phenylethylamine, the chemical that makes you feel happy. The same chemical that your body produces when you fall in love. Ahh, ain’t that just the sweetest?
Ok, enough talk. Talk kills the mood, doesn’t it? Let’s get to the action. Whip one of these babies up each morning for the next week and come Valentines day, you and your partner will be oh so ready for some lovin’
- 1 banana frozen, ideally
- 2 ice cubes
- 1 scoop of tera's whey chocolate protein powder (or chocolate hemp protein powder)
- 1 teaspoon of ground maca
- 1 tablespoon of raw cocoa powder
- 1 dash of cayenne pepper small dash depending on your tolerance for spicy
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk