A Year (+) in Review and Top 5 from 2012
As 2012 comes to a close so does a chapter in the book of Nutritious America. Our very own Karen is branching out into a new endeavor in Boston: Nutritious Yogi.
Karen will always remain a contributor and friend to Nutritious America, and as I take over the helm of this ship I am nostalgic and grateful for all of our adventures together.
I thought it would be the perfect time to take a quick trip down memory lane and highlight some of our favorite moments and triumphs from 2012 and maybe even a bit further back.
Who knew that high school friends from a small town in Pennsylvania would one day join forces to follow their dreams and help change the health of America…and beyond! We certainly didn’t.
It’s been quite a journey.
From consulting work in Dubai:
To “investigative food journalism” in Green Bay, Wisconsin. (we made a little video about this one: watch here)
and of course our cross country road trip: $500 dollars to eat healthy food from LA to Boston (spoiler alert: we made it!)
Karen and I have worked with 100′s of clients around the globe spreading our message of healthy and happy. It has been a joy and honor to work with my best friend every day. I am so very excited for Karen and I know we will come back together soon for awesome events and antics.
As for 2012 it was a great year for Nutritious America and a crazy active year for our blog!
Here are my top 5 blog post picks for 2012…
1. Back in January we introduced you to our client Sam. She bravely took us with her on a 16 week journey to happy healthy weight loss. Sam is funny and smart and so extraordinarily honest it takes your breath away. All 16 posts in the series were a huge hit, but my favorite post of the series was in week 4: The Almost Last Supper
2. The Nutritious America “Healthy Across America” trip was also a favorite with our readers. The top pick from that series was the post from day 2. Most likely because it comes with a little video of someone (I’m not saying who…) gracefully plummeting to the ground: Road Trip Day 2. Utah.. Continued
3. Recipes are always a key feature here on the blog, it is such a great passion of mine to explore and experiment in the kitchen and share with you all my masterpieces. There were 2 stand out big recipe hits from 2012 and they made it to slot 3 and 4 of the best of: First one: Individual Peach Cobbler. Yup, this one was crazy good. It was even featured on the crazy for confection website Sugar Loco!
4. This summer I became slightly obsessed with the traditional french flatbread, Socca. It was another crowd favorite so had to make it to the best of list: Socca to me!
5. And the final pick for best of 2012 comes from the series: “The Dirt on Farm Girl” The cutest farmer in town, Annalise Clausen, shared some behind the scenes know-how of farm life. This post was my favorite in the series: In Praise of Ugly Food. I found it incredibly thought provoking. We are so accustomed as a culture to walk right past the tomato that isn’t shiny and perfect, or the apple that is a little bruised that farmers are forced to give away their “uglies.” Read this post to learn more: In Praise of Ugly Food
Thanks for coming along for the ride this year. I can’t wait to reveal to you all of the treats I have in store for 2013… ohh it’s going to be a banner year!
Nutritious America has a new twitter page… jump on over and tweet along with me: TWITTER
Here is how you can follow along with Karen:
website: Nutritious Yogi
facebook page: Nutritious Yogi/Facebook