Because Even the Healthiest Person Needs a Little Decadence…
Hot Artichoke Dip... Slightly Healthier
We all have our little indulgences. Even me. I happen to be a dip girl. It’s pretty much my favorite food group.
Especially if the dip is in any way creamy. So clearly on my pursuit of health I have had to curb this predilection. I have found my ways to enjoy dipping. Hummus works for me. White bean dip is even better. Guacamole.. well clearly! But as soon as we get into the land of the genuine creamy, in the form of a hot artichoke dip. I swoon. Oh gosh, I find it so delectable.
So I made a version. Its delicious (that goes without saying at this point right?) but it is slightly “better-for-you.” Using whole real food and high quality ingredients. I reduced the amount of cheese and added in a super special decadent cheese, Fromage D’Affinois. If you haven’t had this cheese it’s going to rock your world. A triple cream, like brie, but even creamier. Don’t worry if you can’t find Fromage D”Affinois you can absolutely sub goat cheese for a tangier version or even cream cheese.
This would be even better with a big ol handful of greens. Spinach, kale, swiss chard. Just steam those puppies up and stir them in before baking.
I included my silly video in case you want a step by step. This one is especially dorky so you may want to just watch the first 35 seconds to make fun of me.
- Ready Time: 29 mins
- Prep Time: 4 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- 1/2 cup of vegenaise
- 1/2 cup of greek yogurt, 0%
- 1/2 cup of parmagiano regiano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 14 ounces of canned artichoke hearts well drained
- 1/4 cup of fromage d'affinois (cheese)
- Preheat oven to 375
- In a medium bowl combine all ingredients (except Fromage d' Affininois cheese) Stir well to incorporate.
- Transfer mixture to an 8x8 baking dish
- Place dollops of Fromage d'Affinois cheese throughout (I usually end up with about 10 dollops)
- Bake for 25 minutes or until warm and bubbly and the edges are beginning to brown.
- Serve with toasted baguette, warm dark pumpernickel bread, or veggies