Dinner in 5 for $5 and Under 500 Calories
Everything Crusted Tuna
Dinner in 5 (minutes) for 5 (dollars) and way under 5 (hundred calories)
This is a version of a recipe from a chef I used to work with, he would make Everything Crusted Tuna (think: everything bagel) with Cream Cheese and Chive Mashed Potatoes. However his food philosophy went something like this, “more butter more better” My food philosophy is just a tad different ; -)
This is one of my go to simple recipes that I can make any night of the week, tonight I steamed a large bunch of broccoli and simply served the tuna on top.
After Thanksgiving, I was looking for a super light food day . I had green juice for breakfast, a smoothie for lunch and this for dinner, I feel light and energetic and ready to take on December!
- Ready Time: 5 mins
- Prep Time: 3 min
- Cook Time: 2 min
- 1 tablespoon of poppy seed
- 1 tablespoon of garlic gomasio or sesame seeds and garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt sea
- 2 wild tuna steak
- 1/2 teaspoon of hazelnut oil optional
- 1 medium skillet grill pan or cast iron skillet
- In a small bowl combine all dry spices.
- Rub each tuna steak with 1/2 tsp olive oil and coat with 1/2 of the spice mixture.
- In a hot cast iron skillet or grill pan cook tuna for 2 minutes on each side (for rare).
- Top each steak with 1/4 tsp of hazelnut oil.