All the Cool Kids Eat it Raw
Raw Greek Kale Salad
Greek salad is a perfect meal to me. It is my go to quick lunch or lazy dinner. So I got to thinking, you all know my affinity for kale… well what if I combined kale into my perfect meal, could it be even more perfect?? Well, yes. Yes, it can.
Greece is one of my most favorite places on the planet. Today, I would like to transport myself there. Particularly, I am dreaming of the rocky coast of Crete.
Instead, I am here in NYC writing this blog
So, a Greek salad for lunch and a healthy imagination got me through.
Be sure to watch the video till the end to find out why Kale is one of the BEST weight loss foods! Or just scroll down for the recipe.
- 3 cups of raw kale Torn from stem and ripped into bite size pieces
- 1 large tomato chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 3 cucumbers chopped
- 1 clove of garlic grated
- a juice of lemon
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large bowl
- To make the dressing, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Pour dressing over kale leaves, toss to coat and allow to sit for at least 5 minutes
- Add all additional ingredients, toss to combine.