A Healthy Alternative to Snacking
Apparently I missed the crunchy chickpea train. They were all the rage in the food blog world about 3 years ago. Behind the trend or not, this is a snack that should be in everyone’s repertoire. You can try these with a variety of dried spices, I have even seen recipes for sweet crunchy chickpeas.
Keep in mind these are beans, so although they are additively crunchy you don’t want to eat the whole batch. You have been warned.
- 1 can of chickpeas
- a drizzle of olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- sea salt
- baking sheet
- Drain chickpeas. Dry chickpeas well between paper towels.
- On a large baking sheet drizzle dry chickpeas with a little bit of olive oil. Roast at 400 for 30 minutes stirring midway through roasting.
- Take chickpeas out of the oven. Drizzle with a little bit more olive oil and toss all dry spices with chickpeas. Return to oven for 10-15 more minutes. The chickpeas should be completely crispy, not soft in the middle.