Black Bean and Butternut Squash Burgers
Veggie Burger Deliciousness!
- 1 cup of butternut squash roasted
- 1 can of organic black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup of farro cooked
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons of chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of braggs amino acid
- whole grain burger bun
- sliced avocado
- In a large bowl combine squash and black beans. Using a wooden spoon mash together until broken up and well combined. Add farro, lime juice, garlic, shallot, chili powder and braggs. Stir well to combine.
- Form into 6 patties, place on lightly greased baking sheet (I used coconut oil) or alternatively fry in skillet.
- Bake in 425 oven for 10 minutes, flip and cook 5 minutes more
- Alternatively pan fry in a cast iron skillet using a scant tsp of coconut oil. 4 minutes on each side.
Serve with Collard Apple Slaw (Recipe Here)
Place burger on bun, top w/ sliced avocado and collard slaw