Blueberry Almond Bundt Cake (Gluten Free)
Fresh local blueberries at the market were my inspiration for this recipe. The blueberries should be bursting with flavor and you should top this cake with piles of them.
- 2 cups of almond flour
- 1/2 cup of brown rice flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 stick of unsalted, organic butter
- 1/2 cup of raw honey
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups of blueberries
- coconut oil *to grease the pan
- 1 tablespoon of lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Dip a paper towel in melted coconut oil and generously grease a bundt pan. Add 2 cups of fresh blueberries to bottom of pan, set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk to combine all dry ingredients (almond flour, brown rice flour, sea salt, and baking soda)
- In a large bowl cream together butter and honey using an electric mixer.
- Add eggs one at a time to butter mixture, continue beating until well incorporated.
- Add lemon zest to butter mixture, stir to combine.
- While beating, add dry ingredients to wet little by little until fully incorporated.
- Pour batter into bundt pan with blueberries (the batter will be thick, you may need to spoon it out and place it in pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Carefully flip out onto a cake pan.
- Scatter cake with fresh blueberries and whipped cream (if desired)