Cedar Plank Stuffed Mushrooms
- 4 portobello mushroom reserve the stems and chop
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of mustard seed
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 cups of kale, chopped
- 2 cups of bread, cut into croutons I used rye
- 1/2-3/4 cups of veggie stock
- cheese I used Tallegio, but your favorite cheese will work
- Spread bread croutons onto a large baking sheet and Toast in 350˚ oven for 10 minutes
- Prepare mushrooms, remove stems chop and reserve. Remove gills. Set mushrooms aside
- Meanwhile in a large skillet melt coconut oil over medium heat, add mustard seeds and allow to cook for 1-2 minutes, they will pop a bit, that’s ok.
- Add onion and reserved chopped mushroom stems to pan and cook for 4 minutes until onion is translucent. Add garlic and kale, cook until kale is wilted (about 3-4 minutes)
- Add bread croutons and veggie stock to skillet, cook until bread absorbs veggie stock. This should resemble a stuffing. Add more stock if needed.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Place mushrooms, unstuffed, on a hot grill. Grill for 2 minutes on each side. Remove from grill.
- Place mushrooms on cedar plank, stuff each mushroom with kale stuffing, top with cheese of your choice. (I used tallegio, but mozzarella, goat, feta, or parmesan would be delicious)
- Place cedar plank on grill (be sure to soak cedar plank ahead of time), put cover on grill and allow to cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from grill and serve.