Coconut Scented Root Vegetable Smash
- Ready Time: 45 mins
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
A totally vegan, nutrient dense veggie mash that has an explosion of flavor. As winter settles in get yourself acquainted with root veggies. They are your friend of the season.
- 6 small golden beets peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 large parsnip (about 1lb.) peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 large turnip (about 1/2 lb) peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 red anjou pear sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper
1. In a large bowl toss the beets, parsnip, and turnip with 1 tbsp melted coconut oil, cayenne pepper, 1/4 tsp each of salt and pepper. Spread out on a large baking sheet and roast at 425 for 35 minutes until tender. Stirring every 10 minutes.
2. In the last 20 minutes of cooking place the pear cut side down on the baking sheet.
3. Remove veggies from oven and transfer to a large bowl.
3. Mash all ingredients with 1 tbsp coconut oil. The consistency should be chunky. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste if necessary.