Creamy Asparagus Soup
What is more spring than Asparagus and more gorgeous than a big bowl of green?
This "Creamy" asparagus soup is totally vegan and is lovely served warm or chilled. The "creamy" comes from a sneaky blend of avocado and the amazing vibrant green is from big handfuls of spinach tossed into the blender.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 medium shallot
- 1 pound of asparagus trimmed and chopped into 1 inch pieces (about 2 cups). Reserve tips from a few spears for garnish
- 1/2 large jalapeno
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 4 cups of organic vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons of curry powder
- 1/2 avocado
- 2-3 cups of raw baby spinach
- cilantro leaf
- a squeeze of lime juice
- 1 soup pot
- 1 vitamix or blender
- In a large stock pot, saute shallot in olive oil until soft.
- Add curry powder, asparagus, jalapeno and salt to stock to pot, cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour in veggie stock and cook for 5 minutes.
- Place contents in blender or Vitamix. Add spinach and avocado, puree until smooth.
- Garnish each bowl with asparagus tips, squeeze of lime juice and cilantro leaves.