What Winged Fairies Eat
There is something magical, mysterious about this spring veggie. With a very short season and a totally fun look, be sure to grab some at the market and give them a try. They taste somewhere between asparagus, artichokes, and okra. Simply prepared in butter, oil, and finished with lemon juice.
- 1/2 pound of Fiddlehead Ferns
- 1 teaspoon of organic butter
- 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil
- lemon juice
- sea salt and pepper
- Wasb fiddleheads well using several changes of water. Trim off any woodsy ends, and wipe off the paper coating that may cover the fiddlehead.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil, add fiddleheads and bold for 4-5 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and dry. Add to a large skillet with butter and oil. Saute for 3 minutes
- Season with salt and pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice