Lemon Raspberry Cupcakes
- Ready Time: 25 mins
- Prep Time: 5-10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
I love dreaming up healthy ways of showering your sweet with sweets. So, still rolling with the Valentines theme, I think these Lemon Raspberry Cupcakes are gorgeous gems to celebrate a day of love!
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of almond extract
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of agave nectar
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of lemon zest
- 1/4 cup of organic raspberry preserves
- 2 1/2 cups of almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- cupcake pan & liner
- 2 mixing bowls
- measuring cups & spoon
- wooden spoon
- In a medium mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients
- In a large mixing bowl combine all wet ingredients (except for raspberry preserves)
- Add dry ingredients into wet and mix well.
- Fill cupcake tins to the halfway mark with batter, spoon 1 tsp raspberry preserves into center of batter, top with more batter until cupcake tin is 3/4 way full. Bake @ 325° for 20 minutes
Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
I made a super simple lemon cream cheese frosting for this:
- Whip 8 oz organic cream cheese with juice and zest of 1 lemon, 1/2 cup agave nectar.
- Whip in enough almond milk to reach desired consistency.