Pan Roasted Curried Artichokes with Mint and Pistachio
- 1 pound of baby artichokes
- 1 lemon juice of
- 2 tablespoons of grapeseed oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of cumin seed, whole
- 1/4 teaspoon of mustard, seed
- 3/4 teaspoon of curry powder
- 2 tablespoons of pistachios, shelled
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon of chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon of greek yogurt
To prepare baby artichokes:
- Peel the tough outer leaves off the choke, keep peeling until you reach the tender inner leaves. Trim the stem and the top 1/3 of artichoke. Cut into quarters. Immediately immerse in a bowl full of cold water and juice from one lemon.
- Heat grapeseed oil in a small cast iron skillet over medium high heat, add cumin seeds and mustard seeds. Allow seeds to toast and pop for 2 minutes to release flavor.
- Thoroughly dry artichokes and add to skillet with curry powder and salt. Cook for 4-5 minutes stirring frequently. If artichokes begin to stick add 1-2 tbsp of water to release.
- Toss in pistachio nuts and continue to cook for 3 minutes or until artichokes are tender.
- Serve with a dollop of greek yogurt and chopped mint.