Thai Carrot Soup
- Ready Time: 25 mins
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 5 cups of carrots, chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of coconut palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon of thai red curry paste I like the brand Thai Kitchen
- 1 15 oz. can of light coconut milk
- 3 cups of organic vegetable stock
- siracha to taste optional
- roasted carrot optional, see note
- In a large soup pot over medium heat melt coconut oil. Add onion, carrots, garlic and ginger to pot and saute for 5-6 minutes or until the veggies begin to soften.
- Add coocnut palm sugar, and thai red curry paste to pot and stir well to coat veggies, slowly add in coconut milk and stir well to dissolve curry paste and evenly distribute.
- Add veggie stock, partially cover pot, reduce heat to medium low and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the veggies are completely tender.
- Once veggies are tender turn off heat, taste for seasoning. Puree soup in blender to achieve a super creamy consistency.
- Serve soup with a small drizzle of siracha sauce and roasted carrots* as garnish
Slice carrots into 3 inch long matchsticks, toss with a bit of melted coconut oil, salt and pepper. Place in single layer on a baking sheet. Roast in a 425° oven for 10-20 minutes or until soft and slightly brown, turning once during roasting.