Zucchini Fries with Minty Avocado Dip
A zucchini fry is a necessary summer treat. A gluten free, healthy, and yummy treat. Pair with a minty, creamy avocado dip for true perfection.
- 1 zucchini
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup of almond flour
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 jalapeno seeded
- 1/4 cup of fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- a juice of 1 lime
- 3 dashs tabasco optional
- water 1-2 tbsp to thin
- Cut zucchini into matchsticks about 1/4 inch thick, dry well on paper towel
- Scramble eggs in a bowl
- Mix 1/2 the almond flour and 1/2 the spices in separate bowl
- Dredge zucchini in egg mixture then almond flour mixture until well coated on all sides. Continue with all zucchini (you will have to add second half of almond flour after first half is gone. Do not start with all of it in a bowl because it will begin to clump and you will have to restart with fresh almond flour) Depending on the size of your zucchini you may have to continue to add more almond flour to coat all matchsticks.
- Place on cookie sheet that has been rubbed with olive oil and bake in 450 oven for 15 minutes, flip over and bake for additional 10-15 minutes until brown and crispy.
- Scoop flesh of avocado into blender or food processor. Add all additional ingredients and blend until smooth. Add water until you reach desired consistency. (should be smooth, thin, and dip-able)